CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Encouragement

One of our newest members is a sweet senior citizen. She make me smile & often tells me she is praying for me. I really believe she loves her new pastor.

It's funny how an encouraging word has such a powerful effect on all of us. My doctor said I was doing a good job with my weight loss & my blood pressure was doing super. That pat on the back meant quite a bit to me. It made me want to keep at it & do even better.

Think how few people ever get any kind of positive message from family or friends. As much as I enjoy the "atta boys", I want to be an uplifter. Someone who builds not a person that is always tearing down. "Keep at it." "Your doing a great job!" "Hey, I thought of you today." "Hang in there."

If you haven't thought of it yet, our Savior is the greatest encourager of all. Many times the only thing that has kept me going is the thought that I will hear a message from Him. "Well done thou good and faithful servant." Yes, that will keep you headed in the right direction.

0 comments: